Originally, I was planning to do something kinda like this Cynthia Muir original (but with just plain blocks of color). I had all the blue and green squares made when it occurred to me that I actually didn't have enough of the white I was using to do what I had in mind (I was just using some random white from my stash...and we all know how fun (not) it is to try to match a random white).
Anyway...so I just shimmied on down to the fabric store and bought some yellow to add in to the mix. I sewed a whole bunch of yellow squares to go with the others and set them in a pile. A few days later, I went to lay them all out to see what kind of pattern I'd like and went, "Oh-oh!" I had made all the yellow squares 1/2 inch smaller than the other squares. So...I wracked my brains for about 5 minutes, tried unsuccessfully to call my sister for advise, and then hit upon this BRILLIANT (if I do say so myself) salvage job. If you didn't know better, you might think I'd actually planned it this way! Yay!
Hope you're all enjoying the Bloggers Quilt Festival!