Thursday, May 21, 2015

Bloggers' Quilt Festival time (or...How do I write a blog post, again?)

Did you get what I did there? Alternate titles a la Rocky and Bulwinkle?  Yeah....it's been sooooo long since I've made a quilt and posted it that I forgot how to even post to my blog.  This quilt is my latest project.  It's for a new baby I'm related to but still haven't met.

Originally, I was planning to do something kinda like this Cynthia Muir original (but with just plain blocks of color).  I had all the blue and green squares made when it occurred to me that I actually didn't have enough of the white I was using to do what I had in mind (I was just using some random white from my stash...and we all know how fun (not) it is to try to match a random white).

Anyway...so I just shimmied on down to the fabric store and bought some yellow to add in to the mix.  I sewed a whole bunch of yellow squares to go with the others and set them in a pile.  A few days later, I went to lay them all out to see what kind of pattern I'd like and went, "Oh-oh!"  I had made all the yellow squares 1/2 inch smaller than the other squares.  So...I wracked my brains for about 5 minutes, tried unsuccessfully to call my sister for advise, and then hit upon this BRILLIANT (if I do say so myself) salvage job.  If you didn't know better, you might think I'd actually planned it this way!  Yay!



Hope you're all enjoying the Bloggers Quilt Festival!



AmysCreativeSide.com

1 comment:

  1. One picture, on the floor, in bad lighting? Have I taught you nothing? This little cutie at least deserves a few close-ups! :) oh, what's that you say? It's been raining in Utah? Alright, we'll let it slide this time! :) super cute Aiya! I zoomed in and saw the cute mini dots you used on the blue and green blocks...love it! and the yellow in between...brilliant! I never would have come up with that...good thing you didn't reach me. :) and I'm so glad to see another post from you! hooray!

    ReplyDelete