Friday, September 22, 2017

My First-Ever I-spy quilt.

As I was photographing my Hexagon I-spy Quilt so I could add it to the Bloggers Quilt Festival, I realized that I never took a picture of the first I-spy quilt I ever made.

My first-ever I-spy quilt!

When I made this one, I was a fairly new quilter.  I did some swaps and got a bunch of fabric of questionable quality (that was before I found the ISpyQuilts group on yahoo--they only swap quilt shop quality fabrics).  Since I was a new-ish quilter, I wasn't super experienced at weeding out cheap fabric by feel...so I'm hoping all the fabric I included will stand the test of time. But if not, oh well....I'll enjoy it while it lasts!


In planning this quilt, I looked at a bunch of pictures of I-spy quilts online, found a style I liked, and set to work.  It went together pretty easily.  My cute sister quilted it for me on her long-arm machine.

Honestly, the backing/binding is what makes this quilt for me.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this fabric (and if anybody knows what it's called and where I can buy more of it, please let me know).


Hope you're all enjoying the festival!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely work!! 😘 Your I-spy quilt skills are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fun to look back at quilts we have made at different times. This one is lovely very colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Both of your I-spy quilts are wonderful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I made one for my grandson....he really enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your simplified version of an I-Spy quilt!! Always thought I'd make one of these. Haven't gotten around to it... YET!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous, someone is going to love this to bits ;)

    ReplyDelete